Friday, January 15, 2010

Employement Continuation

It has been a little over 5 months since I started working here at MokaFive. I would say that the amount of knowledge I have gained over this time is comparable to my college career of 5 years. I would say college was much breadth while working at MokaFive has been some serious depth. I have had some lengthy development time now with GUI (Qt), Windows Vista/7 login screen (Credential Providers), NSIS and WiX installers, and now I am working on expanding our product to have a 64-bit version. Those are just the larger areas of focus as I have done a great deal of smaller tasks as well. In any case, onto the true purpose of this post.

That is that this great experience is going to continue! Earlier this week my boss told me that they are planning to make me an offer within the next few weeks that will make me a full time employee. I will no longer be a contractor after nearly 6 months of working here. I am definitely excited about this; however, there is a part of me that does feels some remorse. This is not a game company, which is where I want to be, but it is the place I would want to be if I wasn't in the game industry. Fortunately I have my game project to hold me over for the time being. Speaking of which, I plan to make some posts about pretty soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nooo!! Not remorse! :(

    On the plus side, you'll have money to actually do stuff now :P

    ReplyDelete